Whitley Beaumont has been used by Scouts for camping since the late 1920’s and was until it was purchased by the Huddersfield Scouts Association in 1950 part of The Whitley Hall Estate. The Activity Hut (now the Main Building) was acquired in the late 1960’s from Milnsbridge YMCA and with the re-organisation of the Huddersfield District in 1971 the kitchen was added.